JAY-Z has called off a concert in Lincoln, Nebraska, citing technical difficulties as the reason for the cancelation.
The 47-year-old rapper announced on Friday that he was cancelling an upcoming stop on his 4:44 tour that he had scheduled to take place December 6, at the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
“This tour is too important to me to do it halfway,” he said in a statement published by the Omaha World-Herald.
“I have to cancel the show. I respect you guys too much to take the money and run.”
The rapper, in the statement, also said “getting the video screens set up in the arena on time would be impossible.”
Ticketmaster’s website confirms the cancelation, stating that refunds are available at point of purchase, with internet and phone orders automatically refunded.
It was gathered that the Grammy-winner in October called off a show that was slated for November 1 at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California, with the Fresno Bee reporting that sales had been sluggish for the event, even with some available as cheap as $6 via Stubhub.com.
Meanwhile, JAY-Z’s tour is expected to come to an end this year on December 21, in Los Angeles.