Tragedy struck on Tuesday when a gateman was electrocuted at the River Valley Estate, Ojudu- Berger, Lagos.
The unnamed guard reportedly resumed work on Monday only to be electrocuted Tuesday morning after opening the gate for his employer.
Sources gathered that the incident occurred at about 6:00am, while it rained.
He was said to be closing the gate when electricity was restored and a loose cable struck him.
The deceased laid motionless with passersby afraid to assist him.
An eyewitness, who shared the information on social media, blamed the man’s death on people’s lack of first aid knowledge.
He called for the overhaul of all head cables, insisting that most of them are weak and poorly maintained.