It has been confirmed that the 57 year old American pop icon, Prince died of drug overdose.
The toxicology results done on the singer showed that he died from an accidental overdose of Fentanyl. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opiate that is more potent than morphine, often used for cancer patients to deal with severe pain. This however very important as there had been several reports that Prince had either AIDS or HIV, but the report says there were no other significant conditions that led to his death. Prince interestingly weighed a petite 112 lbs and stood 5’3″ at the time of his death.
Investigators have been questioning a doctor who prescribed some drugs for him in the weeks before his death. A rehab doctor in California reportedly got him emergency help. The doctor’s son flew out to Minnesota and was in the Paisley Park compound — with a backpack filled with synthetic opioids, when the 57-year-old singer was found dead. The doctor’s son, who is not himself a doctor, denies giving Prince any of the pills.
Prince allegedly suffer from addiction to painkillers.