In the last few months Wizkid has really caught the attention of the international music industry, thanks to Drake‘s feature on his track Ojuelegba and cosigns from both Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz.
In light of this, Fader Magazine (a New York based music and lifestyle publication) features him in their Gen F segment, profiling him as he gets ready to cross over globally, in an article titled, “Wizkid Is Getting The Global Embrace He Deserves”.
The article serves to provide some brand new information of the pop star such as collaborations with Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Writing for Rihanna and performing with Alicia Keys.
Check on them after the jump
1. He collaborated with hit makers Stargate and Coldplay’s Chris Martin to write and record a hook intended for Rihanna’s new album.
2. He will be performing at Alicia Keys’ Annual Keep A Child Alive ball.
3. He is putting the finishing touched to his new album – Sounds From the Other Side. On when it will be released he says,
“I’m a perfectionist,. I can listen to the music now and tomorrow I’ll be like, ‘Yo, I feel we need to change this’, and then we have to go back to the drawing board. Everyone else, it seems, is ready.”
4. On his attitude to award shows,
My real fans know I am not really about that kind of thing. That was not the reason why I fell in love with music.
5. His reaction to Ojuelegba becoming a monster hit,
I knew it was a good song, but I didn’t expect it to blow up the way that it did.
We love that Wizkid is growing and taking Nigerian music to higher heights.