EBOLA DISEASE AS OF TODAY HAS NO CURE HERE ARE SOME FEW TIPS THAT CAN HELP PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FROM THE DEADLY VIRUS
1. Avoid bush meat or any meat you are not sure of its source.
2. Wash your hands frequently with detergent or soap using clean water.
3. Avoid trips to Ebola endemic countries (DRC ,UGANDA , CONGO, GABON SUDAN etc)
4. Get a hand sanitizer for people to use in your office and educate them on the importance of sanitizers, Get one for your kids to use in school frequently and if possible for their class.
5. Avoid buying Food stuffs, Clothing or other personal materials from Markets/Shops that share the same vicinity with live or roasted bush meat, dealer’s or sellers
6. Be careful with hands when using railings on the stairs, door knobs and other utilities used by the public.
7. Gloves and other appropriate protective clothing should be worn when handling sick animals or their tissues
8. Watch out for people with flu-like symptoms and sudden fever
9. Avoid Pig farms, Pig farms in Africa play a role in the amplification of infection because of the presence of fruit bats on these farms.
10. Avoid bat meats and bat products
FOR HEALTH WORKERS
WHO states as follows,
Standard precautions are recommended in the care and treatment of all patients regardless of their perceived or confirmed infectious status. They include the basic level of infection control—hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment to avoid direct contact with blood and body fluids, prevention of needle stick and injuries from other sharp instruments, and a set of environmental controls.
Signs and symptoms of Ebola
EVD is a severe acute viral illness often characterized by the sudden onset of
4.Headache and sore throat.
5.Followed by vomiting, Diarrhea, Rash, Impaired kidney and Liver function, and in some cases, both internal and external bleeding
Remember that Health is Wealth.